- 2 rolls of life savers ( one for body and one you open for wheels)
- 1 stick of gum with wrapper still on it
- 1 rubber band
- 1 ornament hanger or paper clip bent open ( not pictured)
- pull rubber band through both wheels and over one wing.
- place closed roll of life savers over wheels and under wing
- Pull other end of rubber band over other wing and adjust wheels. ( this step is not shown) . The finished plane is easy enough to understand from finished item picture and description.
- Attach hook on both rubber bands above wings and hang on tree. ( not pictured)
My MIL taught me how to make these a few years after I married her son.
Update for an older kid also get
- another rubber band
- a tootsie roll
- a smarties
- small crochet hook to fit through center of roll
If you don't want to use tootsie roll you can use a match with the head cut off and put a piece of craft paper on it for tail too.
Just get creative.
DO NOT USE THIS PATTERN TO MAKE THINGS TO SELL FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!!