- cookie cutters in desired shapes
- embroidery needles
- embroidery floss
- scissors for both paper and fabric
- permanent marker fine tip or pencil
- 1 safety pin
- a piece of paper
- Trace cookie cutter on paper to make template. Trace the inside and out side to see which you like better.
- Cut out the line that you like best for template.
- Pin template to fabric; this way you are sure not to leave ink marks on fabric.
- Cut two pieces of fabric per ornament
- Embroider both pieces of fabric. Use two or three strands of embroidery floss. See picture under #7.
- Put wrong sides together place one safety pin in middle to hold while sewing. See picture under #7.
- Use a blanket stitch to stitch edges together, stop about one inch from ending remove safety pin and stuff ornament. Finish closing.
- Finish with a piece of embroidery floss as a hanger.
If you make your own I would like to see them. If you make some send me a link and I will look at them if we get enough I will start a flicker group.
I have opened a flicker group to post them all please feel free to join.
This group is about the fun of making and sharing felt ornaments and other felt items.