On a side note, if you make a mini-doll house, this would work for that as well.
I was also given the idea from a reader on flicker (after she saw my post) that you could make these to keep an idea of your fabric stash a sort of mini library.
- stiff paper or thin cardboard (like what rick rack comes on) size 1 inch by 2 inches
- fabric 1 3/4 inches tall, however long you want it, with tiny, tiny holiday print on it
- glue dots
- embroidery thread
- needle at least 3 inches long
Order of events:
- Cut boards 1 inch by 2 inches.
- Cut fabric by 1 3/4 inches by what ever length you decide.
- Place glue dots on board and attach fabric.
- Wrap fabric, fold end of fabric, place glue dots and press hard.
- Thread long needle with embroidery thread.
- Slide one strand of thread under fabric; tie knot at end.
- Form another knot before closing down all the way; put needle inside knot and slide it into position. Pull out needle; done.
DO NOT USE ANY OF THESE PATTERNS TO MAKE THINGS TO SELL FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!!