- Mattel Knitting machine (find on ebay, thrift store, the bottom of your closet from when you where a kid in the 70's)
- safety pins or pin backs
- fuzzy yarn
- yoyo (you have to make these; I used a cd as my template)
- jingle bells or other center decoration (buttons....)
- thread, needle, scissors
- Cut and make your yoyo; set aside, leave long tail to stitch to fuzzy yoyo, bells, and pin.
- Make your fuzzy knitted yoyo, (this is 16 rows that are 16 stitches on the Mattel knitting machine, you can do this on knitting round needles too, gather both ends and pull both tails to one side and tie ends in a knot and cut).
- Stitch fabric yoyo to middle of fuzzy yoyo; have tails of fuzzy yoyo facing fabric yoyo so they are hidden when piece is done.
- Now, stitch on bells or other embellishments. When done, take needle to back of work.
- Sew safety pin to back of brooch, or use a store bought pin back. Finished!
DO NOT USE THIS PATTERN TO MAKE THINGS TO SELL FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!!