- Felt, green and red
- Sequins or other embellishments if you don't want red felt berries
- Pearl cotton embroidery thread or thread to your liking (colors I used : green:368 red:321)
- Thimble, if you use one
- Optional punches / die cutter
- Draw your leaves and cut out
- Use a hole punch to punch out berries (Hint: if you put paper on both sides of your felt, it will punch easier) (Sizzixs also has a die cut you can use that cuts berries and leaves, that is what I did)
- Embroider veins on leaves; I used a stem stitch.
- Arrange leaves on top of each other
- Sew on berries, either felt or sequins or small red jingle bells, beads etc... now. This will also be used to sew all the leaves together while you are stitching on the berries. I used a colonial knot to attach my sequins; you can also use a French knot, instead. The felt berries I just stitch with a single stitch straight up and then down with a little bit of fabric in between the stitches.
- Attach hanger to back; I used my red pearl cotton thread to do this.
If you find an ornament you don't like or can't make, just make two of one of the other ones. I don't think it will matter if you have more of one ornament than another. Or, just skip one all together.
DO NOT USE THIS PATTERN TO MAKE THINGS TO SELL FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!!