On Penny's blog there is a tutorial/pattern for a heart shaped yo-yo pattern. If you make three hearts out of green fabric, you can make a 3 leaf cover. I used blue thread so everyone could see it for photos normally I would have used green.
- Make cord for stem. You could also use I cord or a piece of ribbon.
- Cut leaves.
- Form them into hearts.
- Stitch hearts together about 1 to 1 1/2 inches up from bottom point and stitch back to point and do next heart; repeat step all the way around till 3 hearts are joined.
- Attach cord making sure not to twist the end of it.
- Stitch sides of cord together.
- Near the end, to form curve, stitch once on one side then the other then back in the same hole as the first stitch do this 3 times sort of a gathering stitch.
- Attach pin to back of shamrock and wear on St. Patrick's Day.
I also made a garland using these same hearts for St. Patrick's day.
I have a group on flickr about people who like to make yo-yos and and make things with yo-yos. The fabric type not the toy type you are welcome to join.
DO NOT USE THIS PATTERN TO MAKE THINGS TO SELL FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!!