Update: funny when I posted the above link this morning there was 10 of these mags on ebay there is 2 left is that my fault they disappeared so fast wow. If so my blog does more than I think it did. I will leave the link as others may post more in the future there and this will still find them.
In the original size 20 thread was used through the piece. But I used size 10 thread for the cording and size 30 thread for the filling stitches. The other modification I made was that the original was all one piece I wanted color in my work. I started this yesterday and finished this morning it was a pretty quick work up finished piece measures 7 1/2 by 7 1/2 at its widest side to side. It would have taken longer but I had 4 hours of sitting in a auto shop garage which is when I did most of the work on it.