After I trimmed the frayed edges off the collar I placed Romanian cord around the existing collar holding all the fraying edges closed. I also put a few simple but ugly stitches across the opening so it would not come up and rub to much against the new collar and wear it out faster or at least that was the idea we will see.
Then I knitted a new covering for the collar and sewed it in place making sure to keep all the frayed edges inside.
Looked sort of plain next to the busyness of the back but I did not want it too busy on the back so I added a simple crochet edging.
Collar flipped up just to show that the collar underneath is in great shape also to show the hidden paisley that climbs up under the collar that people can not see when I wear it
This is done for now the reason I say for now it the sleeves do need some repairs too as does the front button placket. But I think I sort of like a little shabby chic look of it still. So they will just have to get a little worse before I repair them.
The other posts about this jacket.