This was an advent calender scarf knit along in December of 2010. This is a free pattern if any one wants to do it. I decide I would save it till I could knit better than I could then. To do this project I think I am at the point where I can attempt this and get a good result I am hoping I will learn lots and lots from this as one of my main goals in learning to knit was to make socks and to make lace both I am still working on.
supplies needed listed below
Download PDFS here
- 1000 yards of sockweight or laceweight yarn
- I used mystery lavender with hints of blue thread I found thrift shopping 100% cotton held double
- Needles: 3mm, US 2 or size to fit personal preference, crochet hook to pick up the
- beads (if necessary)Beads (optional): glass beads size 9/0 (380 beads needed)
- (I am using size 6/0 dark royal blue as it is what I had so I would not have to buy supplies same reason for the mystery thread)
- Notions: waste yarn for lifelines
Day 1 was a no brainier:
But day 2 I learned a few things with adding beads and nupps. I will show day 2 tomorrow.