I finished the Donkey costume for the play. It is not a full costume as it is to be removed and put on, on stage. So it needs to be easy to put on and take off. I thought it needed hooves for added benefit and to show that the donkey could not do anything for himself. So it has hooves that I made from ice-cream buckets that I
- one cut apart
- Then duct taped back together
- then paper mached over that
- then spayed with black enamel spray paint
- punched holes in the hooves
- and hand sewed to some tubes I made for sleeves that have elastic at the wrists and at the biceps.
Two tails made from imitation yak fur also no pattern just figured it out as I went long Just as I did the hooves.
The hood part is made from a part of a pattern for a rabbit another part made from a pattern for a kangaroo and yet another section made from a costume for a jester. Then of course there is my modifications to make them work together and my additions to the patterns. So it is not a pattern you can buy any where. So I have the character Puck left to do then I think I am done for awhile with the costumes for the play. As the rest are our old costumes that the school owns we will use. I also have to make a Gibson Girl costume for this daughter for her play Our town that she is in. I also am testing pattern for someone on ravelry but can not tell you what it is as that part is a secret. I also have to get a cross stitch done in the next four days for a customer. The shirt and pants you see in these photos are not part of the costume that is just a pirate shirt my daughter put on too have a shirt similar to those the boys may wear and those are just scrub pants. She was a good sport for taking these photos as my other daughter would have none of it.