- 1 enamel pan with lid
- 1 lb rose petals red
- silk thread
- closer for strand of beads if it is not long enough to go over the head
- needle for piercing hole or wire can be used
- beading needle for stringing
- newspaper for drying purposes
- cookie sheet to rest beads on while drying
To make rose petal paste
- The heat of your body causes the beads to give off the sent of the rose petals from which they are made.
- In enamel pan place1 lb of rose petals ( usually red is used for this) with just enough water to cover petals.
- Simmer for one hour but do not boil.Cover pan and let mixture stand over night.
- Repeat this step three more times. ( 4 days total)
- By the fourth day ,the petals and water should have become a smooth paste consistency.
- Take a small amount of paste and roll it between your palms, try and form balls that are about 1/4 inch in diameter
- Pierce each ball with a needle or wire to form bead for stringing.
- let the beads dry on newspaper in a warm area like above fridge somewhere warm but dry.
- Thread the beads onto silk thread for your necklace.