If you like my blog and the free patterns and tutorials and want to say thank you
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I know fingerless wool mitts. OH YEAH!!! Happy dance on my part I knew what I wanted to make I just had to figure out the gusset in crease on the thumb and I was good to go. Did that decided I wanted to leave the white out I will probably make another glove with it but maybe a little different in style. Those that may not know I was a punker, mod, ska, alternative person in high school, junior collage and at the university. Life changed and I had kids and work and my clothes in general had to change to accommodate this part of my life a little. But there are still large amounts of that wardrobe in my wardrobe and they show up in bits in pieces here and there. This would have been a set of gloves I would have loved when I was younger still love them now as a matter of fact I hope they come out like the picture in my head so far so good. I don't have a written pattern for this making it strait out of my head. I will probably make some tall gauntlets as well. These gloves are being made out of cashmere.
If you look close at the top photo you will notice I have a wide array of cabled needles from bamboo to aluminum to the oldest steel with a steel cable. I collect needles from thrift stores a lot so you never know what you will find.
Monday, December 28, 2009
I think I am doing pretty good for only 21 days of teaching myself to knit.
items made or making
- baby jacket
- hat for husband
- hat for a baby
- knit caplet
- socks 1/2 done
- hat for me1/2
- shawl/headscarf ( will probably frog as I like these lacier)
- acrylic scrap: hard to work with doesn't slide well but even stitches
- 100% wool: will shrink when washed if not careful easy to work with slides like butter but have to work harder on even stitches
- cotton: soft easy to work with and slides well
- novelty yarn: gives nice texture easy to wash or dry clean
- sock yarn wool: wool but won't shrink and easy to work with as it had a little stretchiness to it to make it fit the feet better
- wool: this wool is meant for felting so will have to be super careful not to toss in washer also this one split easy
- vintage wool: very tiny using size 1 needles and a little scratchy but not much I would be fine wearing it
- knit, purl, cast on/off, st stitch, increasing, decreasing
- intarsia, color blocking, ribbing, Kirchner (sp) stitch double pointed needles with cable needle
- short rows, drafting pattern from finished object
- design my own simple pattern
- double pointed needles, turning heel, finishing toe
- seed stitch, working with two cable needles
- drafting own pattern complex
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
I started a hex blanket in chenille in 2007. Never got around to finishing it as the more I worked with it the more I figured it would not hold up well as a blanket. So I removed a few hexes from it and gave the frogged ones to my kids to play with the yarn. What was left was this scarf. So I thought I would post a picture of it.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I am making this pattern available as a free down load as your holiday gift for reading my blog thank you. This is a limited time offer I will change it back for a purchase item at the end of January.
If you down load please let me know what you think thanks and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
On children this is a cape on small to medium adults it is a caplet.
sorry I have no one in a size large to try it on to see how it would work on them but should work just fine if you change the pattern to have 2 chains between v stitches in rows 13 - 31 hook is actually a steel size 2 which is 2.2 mm
an aluminum size B was the closest
8 buttons I used mother of pearl
I used worsted weight cotton yarn use what ever you like.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
This is my old floral work apron. This apron saw lots of work as you can tell from the stains and some really late night hours. May not seem that special to most people to me it represents friends I use to see every day and now I don't see much at all. I wish them well.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
In case someone else wants to try this I have posted a few of the links I have found below