I also learned that even though stockinet stitch is a basic stitch used a lot not terribly interesting to knit in its own right but a good back ground or solid surface. It will be nice to learn intarsia or fair isle knitting so I can just add colors to the stockinet stitch and give it much more interest.
Things I don't like about this pattern:
- It is made in 5 pieces.
- If I ever made it again it would only be in only 3 pieces with inset sleeves.
- Not a nice finish on the neck edging. (already changed that)
- hate the yarn tie idea on this pattern (already changed that)
- no design in bottom half of jacket (boring)
- I haven't made the hat but I hate that the hearts on it are sewn on afterward it is made. Why kill half the stretch of it why make it knit if the knit benefits are destroyed with seams everywhere( same complaint as line 1).