Forgot to take a photo of the jeans before we started they are just a pair of faded jeans no stains on them and no holes all the staining you see we added with paint.
First we splattered and rubbed white paint into the jeans to give a distressed look. You could do this with bleach too but that weakens the jeans this gives the look of that but let's the jeans have their full life. Do this front and back. Tools used paint brush and tooth brush to splatter and rub thick paint comes out white thin watered down acrylic paint looks sort of like bleach marks.
I don't have a real good camera any more it got lost at Devils Gate on a hike it fell in the water a few summers back the reason I don't post much anymore. So sorry if the photos are not the best.
We used a hair dryer to dry this faster between steps. All steps are done both front and back.
Next came adding the 5 petaled flowers which we used white pink purple and red mixed in different amounts to get the desired look. We used the back of the handle to make the petals. But you could use 5 dowels rubber banded or taped together to go faster just would be more uniform in appearance. We were going over the petals twice in some cases to add shading.
Once again my daughter was testing on her shorts. I made jokes that she was going to get two for the price of one with this project if she kept it up. She didn't care about the shorts as she planned to toss them after this project as they are too small. Because of this testing and cleaning of the brushed on her shorts she got way more paint on her than I did but I think she had more fun because of it too.
Below you can see the hair dryer inside the jeans to help dry the paint faster so we could turn the jeans over and work on the other side.