Although the beads look decorative they actually had a function I used them to tack the inside and the outside of the hat together I am sure there are better ways of doing this but it is what I came up with. I drew the bead placement on the fabric before I cut out the pattern pieces as I figured the spacing would be hard once it was sewn up. The beads are just plastic kid beads but they do give it a nice touch and didn't cost anything. The beads around the brim of the hat are sewn on with a backstitch and each bead is sewn on one at a time and then back stitched before adding the next bead. Takes a while but it is much stronger this way if a bead should break off not all the beads will go dancing across the floor. I also think it looks pretty that way.
Next time I should do something to the under part of the hat as well with beads or French knots or something as I don't like the way the stitches look on that side. I was worried beads would get tangled in the hair on that side.
Inside where you can not see and what I forgot to take photos of is buckram and milliners wire and bias tape to shape and form the hat.