If you are into making valentines and making yo-yos, I have a group on flicker about yo-yos. Within that group there is a challenge going on; it is to make Valentines using Yo-yos (not the toy, but the fabric). I would be ever so happy to see what every one can do with this. You can add as many embellishments as you want as long as one yo-yo is in the mix. There is a great tutorial at Heather's site if you don't know how to make one (a yo-yo, that is).
Here is a sample I made; this has three yo-yos in it, plus other stuff.
We will have a vote here on the week of Valentines.
1st - 3rd will get prizes. Your items must be posted on flickr in this group to be judged. See rules here and on flicker (same rules just posted in two spots).
1. Come up with an idea using yo-yos and make it into a valentine card. The card is yours to keep and do with as you wish I just want to see the finished item ( a photo). (please keep them clean this is a child friendly group)
2. Post finished photos here in this group.
3. Item must have at least one yo-yo in it to compete.
4. Type in yo-yo challenge in your title area of picture along with title of Valentine
5.The week of Valentine's there will be a vote ( 1 vote per person please pick your top 3). This will be on my blog sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
6. If you have questions let me know here or on flickr.
7. Enter as many different valentines as as you want.
8. After contest I will contact you through flickr mail to get your address to mail your prize if you are one of the three winners.
9. WINNERS will be announced one week after Valentine's
1. Due by February 11 the Sunday before Valentines Day ( in the United states) This gives the people on the other side of the world 1 more day. I don't want to figure out time zones.
2. The Judging will begin on the 12th Monday and go through and end on the 18th Sunday (USA, Utah time)
3. Winners announced on February 24th
Good luck and have fun crafting
If you like my blog and the free patterns and tutorials and want to say thank you
I have a wish list on ravelry of patterns I would like to make. Thank you in advance for being kind and saying thank you back. Love Sunshine
I like to share on this space my ideas and projects.
Please don't take ideas or photo and claim them as your work.
I am always happy to have new links to me. So if you like something just link back to me and give the source some credit thanks.
Any questions? just ask. I am happy to work with you if you need something