**If you like my blog and the free patterns and tutorials and want to say thank you
I have a wish list on ravelry of patterns I would like to make.
Thank you in advance for being kind and
saying thank you back.
But please do not feel like you have to**
I will add other details to the blouse. My thread is vintage sewing. I plan on there being this pattern down the center of both sleeves, across the top of the yoke front/back and a few stripes down the front of the bodice. I think I will use antique blue hand dyed mother pearl buttons up the back if they match well enough in color have not checked yet.
ch5sp= chain 5 space
st = stitch
slst =slip stitch
chsp + chain space
shell = 3 dc, chain 3, 3dc all in the same space
Chain 8 form ring
- ch 1, 16 sc in ring slst into first sc
- ch 1 sc in first st of previous round, *chain 5, skip 1 sc of previous round, sc in nxt around* slst into top of first sc, slst into the first ch5sp. (8 ch5sp)
- ch 1, (sc, 5dc, sc in ch5sp) repeat in each ch5sp (8 petals), slst into the first sc,
- ch1 slst around the first post on the first round ch 1, sc around the same post, (ch 5, sc around the next post) around, slst into top of first sc, slst into the first ch5sp. ( 8 ch5sp)
- repeat round 3 except petals made with a (sc, 7dc, sc in each ch5sp)
- repeat round 4 except go around the post of round 4
- repeat round 3 except petals made with a ((sc, 9dc, sc) in ch each ch5sp) center flower done do not cut slst to the center dc on the next petal
- ch 1, sc in center st of current petal, (ch 5, sc in 3rd dc of next petal , ch 5, sc in the 7th dc of same petal as last sc) repeat around ending with a ch 2, then dc into the first sc (this gets you to the proper spot for the next round and counts as the last ch5sp of this round.
- chain 1 sc in the last ch5sp made of previous round, ch 5, sc in next ch5sp, ch 3, *shell in nxt ch5sp (corner made), ch 3, sc in next ch5sp, ch 5, sc in nxt ch5sp, ch 3* around ending with a shell in last corner omitting rest of repeat, ch 3, slst into first sc slst into the first 3 chs of the first ch 5
- chain 1 sc in the last ch5sp made of previous round, (ch 5, sc in next chsp)to corner this includes making a sc into the chain 3 of the corner now and throughout the pattern, ch 3, *shell in nxt ch5sp (corner made), ch 3, sc into next chsp, (ch 5 , sc in nxt chsp)to corner, ch 3* around ending with a shell in last corner omitting rest of repeat, ch 3, slst into first sc slst into the first 3 chs of the first ch 5
- repeat round 10 to desired size
Joins are made on final round
(chain 2, sc, ch 2) using sc to make join into corresponding ch5sp on other block
2dc, ch1, make sc join on last of blocks to that corner, ch1, 2dc
If you find any mistakes please let me know so I might fix them thank you